The supervisory committee maintains standards of academic excellence with the following specific tasks:
1. Guide the student in developing a plan of study,
2. Administer examinations to certify the student's retention of knowledge and competence in the subject matter shown on the plan of study,
3. Approve the thesis and dissertation proposals,
The committee member shall have:
1. Membership in the graduate faculty,
2. A majority who are full members of the graduate faculty,
3. A majority from the ECE Department,
4. For Ph.D.., at least one member must be from outside ECE department.
Once approved, the Supervisory Committee cannot be changed without justification.
| Graduate Handbook | ECE Home Page | UAH Home Page |